The Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to inflict losses on the occupiers. This was reported in the evening summary of the General Staff on October 19.
It is noted that during the current day, the aviation of the defense forces made ten strikes against the enemy. The defeat of six areas of concentration of weapons and military equipment, as well as four positions of the enemy’s anti-aircraft missile systems, was confirmed. Air defense units shot down four cruise missiles, one Ka-52 helicopter and thirteen Shahed-136 UAVs.
Soldiers of missile troops and artillery defeated three control points, four areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment, a RES station, one bridge and one pontoon crossing of the enemy.
As reported in the General Staff, the enemy does not stop trying to conduct offensive actions in the Bakhmut and Avdeev directions.
During the day, the occupiers launched four rocket and eleven air strikes, and fired more than ten rocket salvo fire systems.
In addition, the enemy once again launched a massive attack with cruise missiles and Iranian strike UAVs on civil infrastructure in Kyiv, Chernihiv, Vinnytsia, Ivano-Frankivsk, Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporozhye, and Mykolaiv regions. At night, the occupiers also attacked Uman of the Cherkassy Region and Koblevo of the Nikolaev Region with five Iranian-made Shahed-136 unmanned aerial vehicles. All of them were successfully shot down by the defense forces of Ukraine.
In the Volyn and Polessky directions, the situation has not changed significantly. The Republic of Belarus continues to support the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. During the day, the enemy deployed nine Shahed-136 attack UAVs from the territory of Belarus. Eight of them were shot down.
The enemy fired in other directions:
- in the Northern direction – from mortars and barrel artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Gai and Khrenovka in the Chernihiv region;
- in the Slobozhan direction – from mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of Volchanskie Khutora, Terny, Krasnoe, Ogurtsovo, Strelka and Domashnee settlements;
- in the Kupyan direction – from barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of Berestovo, Dvurechnaya, Kamenka and Kislovka settlements;
- in the Lymansky direction – from mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Grekovka, Hryanikovka, Nadezhda, Novoegorovka, Zarechnoe, Serebryanka, Terny, Torskoye and Yampolevka;
- in the Bakhmut direction — from tanks and artillery, in the areas of Andreevka, Bakhmut, Bakhmutskoe, Belogorovka, Mayorsk, New York, Oprosnoe, Razdolevka, Soledar, Sspornoe, and Yakovlevka;
- in the Avdeevsk direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of Avdeevka, Berdychi, Pervomaiskoye, Karlovka, Krasnohorovka, Maryinka and Novomykhailovka;
- in the Novopavlovsk, Zaporizhzhia, and Yuzhnobuzhsky directions, the enemy did not conduct active offensive actions. Shelled more than 45 populated areas along the entire line of conflict.