The Ukrainian Defense Forces carried out 15 airstrikes on the Russian occupiers during the day. This was reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the evening summary on Tuesday, October 25.
The defeat of 12 areas of concentration of weapons and military equipment, two strongholds, as well as the position of the enemy’s anti-aircraft missile system was confirmed. The air defense units shot down the UAV.
The missile forces and artillery of the Armed Forces of Ukraine also hit the command post, eight areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment, ammunition and other important military facilities of the occupiers.
According to updated information, the consequences of the fire damage to the enemy have been confirmed. As a result of targeted artillery strikes of the Defense Forces, up to 30 invaders were destroyed in the village of Cairo, Kherson region, and more than 100 enemy servicemen remained under the rubble. In the village of Gornostaevka, after the detonation of the ammunition, the movement of a large number of ambulances was observed. Losses are carefully hidden by the enemy.
In turn, the Russian invaders launched three missile and 11 air strikes during the day, and also carried out more than 25 attacks from multiple launch rocket systems. Districts of 25 settlements came under fire from the invaders. Among them are Nikopol in the Dnipropetrovsk region, Bakhmutskoe and Vuhledar in the Donetsk region, as well as Novaya Kamenka in the Kherson region.
The enemy is trying to hold on to the temporarily occupied territories, concentrating his efforts on deterring the actions of the defense forces in certain directions. At the same time, it does not leave attempts to conduct offensive operations in the Bakhmut and Avdeevsky directions.
The enemy is shelling the positions of Ukrainian troops along the line of confrontation, fortifying the area in separate directions and conducting aerial reconnaissance.
Violating the norms of International Humanitarian Law, the laws and customs of warfare, continues to strike at critical infrastructure and civilian dwellings. During the day, the enemy launched 3 missile and 11 air strikes, made more than 25 attacks from multiple launch rocket systems.
In the Volyn and Polesye directions, the operational situation remains unchanged. Belarus continues to support the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. The threat of missile strikes and the use of strike UAVs on Ukrainian territory remains.
In other directions, the enemy fired, in particular:
- In the Seversky direction – from mortars and cannon artillery, within the settlements of Senkovka and Kamenskaya Sloboda of the Chernihiv region and Rozhkovichi, Basovka and Popovka of the Sumy region, used strike UAVs;
- In the Slobozhansky direction – from mortars, cannon and rocket artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Dvurechnaya, Krasnoe, Ogirtsevo and Strelechya; in the Kupyansk direction – from mortars, cannon and rocket artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Vishnevoe, Kislovka and Stelmakhovka;
- In the Limansky direction, the invaders fired from mortars, cannon and rocket artillery in the areas of the settlements of Novoegorovka, Terny, Zarechnoye and Yampolevka;
- In the Bakhmut direction – from tanks, mortars, cannon and rocket artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Bakhmutskoye, Ivangrad, Belogorovka, Mayorsk, Soledar and Experienced;
- In the Avdeevka direction, the enemy fired from tanks, mortars, cannon and rocket artillery at the areas of the settlements of Avdeevka, Vodyanoye, Krasnogorovka, Maryinka and Pervomayskoye;
- On the Novopavlovsk and Zaporozhye directions, the enemy did not conduct active offensive operations. Inflicted shelling on the positions of the Defense Forces and civilian infrastructure in areas of more than 20 settlements along the entire line of confrontation;
- In the Yuzhnobuzh direction, the areas of more than 30 settlements were subjected to fire damage.
“The Russian occupiers continue to mine areas along the coastline of the Dnieper River. They are trying to restore the affected pontoon-bridge crossings. To conduct aerial reconnaissance, the enemy made up to 55 sorties of UAVs of various types, ”added the General Staff.
Russia lost almost 68.5 thousand people in the war against Ukraine. In the previous day alone, Ukrainian defenders destroyed almost half a thousand Russian occupiers.